Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birthday

Yes, I know my birthday is 1 month ago, but I only remembered to do this now. I have always been wondering about this. Are there any famous people who share a birth date with me? not necessarily the year? I've been thinking about this for quite some time, actually, since I was a kid.

When I was a kid, I forgot how old, I once looked through this thick dictionary in Indo called 'Buku Pintar'; and somehow there is this little footnote on every pages of the book listing every famous person born or died, starting from January 1st until December 31st.

From this book, I found out that I share my birthday with James Parkinson, English physician who discovered Parkinson's disease. That was quite something; but being a kid, I thought it wasn't very cool. I wanted to share my birthday with Sports Legends or Political Figure. ( At that time I thought the name Napoleon Bonaparte was very cool).

Thanks to the invention of the Internet generally, and Wikipedia specifically, I managed to find the list of famous people who share their birth date with me:
  1. 1755 James Parkinson
  2. 1916 Howard Koch (director of Ghost)
  3. 1948 Marcelo Lippi (Italian World Cup winning coach)
  4. 1963 Chris "Jesus" Ferguson (Yes!)
  5. 1973 Jennifer Esposito
  6. 1974 Alex Corretja (former no.2 Tennis player in the world.)
  7. 1974 Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica
  8. 1980 Keiji Tamada, Japan's striker for World Cup 2010.
  9. 1980 Mark Teixeira, first baseman and cleanup hitter of NY Yankees.
  10. 1987! Joss Stone (yup, the singer)
Not a bad list, and since my birthday is on the 11th, I will add 1 more name to make it 11. Born on April 11 1981, drumroll pleaseee:

Alessandra Ambrosio.
Wow. And she's a Manchester United fan.
Now I'm happy.

by the way, sorry for writing too many Is up there. Just realized how full of himself this guy is.



2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It's heartbreaking but we're trying to get over it. As disappointed as we were, I think that somehow you have to find a way to think that it happened for a reason. See the link below for more info.


#somehow
www.ufgop.org